This week was fun!
Due to icy conditions on Sunday, I moved my long run to Monday.
Truthfully, it was great. I felt awesome and confident and already ready to knock this marathon out of the park.
By Thursday morning, my total mileage for the week was 27.
By Thursday evening, I was ravenously hungry and tired, and ate a f&*!-ton of ravioli.
And now I’m grumpy.
And I still have a lot of running to do.
Just get out of my way.
4 Cheese Tortellini with Chili Oil
4 oz. prosciutto di San Daniele
8 oz. mascarpone
8 oz. Gruyère, grated
4 oz. Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
8 oz. Taleggio, diced
black pepper, freshly ground
24 wonton wrappers
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F; place prosciutto on parchment paper-lined baking sheet; bake until crispy, about 10 minutes; remove from oven; reserve.
2. Bring large pot of salted water to a gentle boil.
3. Mix mascarpone, Gruyère, Parm, and Taleggio in large bowl; season with salt and pepper; reserve.
4. Lay out wonton wrappers; place 1 oz. filling slightly off-center of the middle of wrapper; wet fingertip with water, and run along entire edge of wonton; fold in half and seal edges shut; seal ends of triangle together (resembling the shape of a tortellini.
5. Warm 2 to 3 Tbsps. chili oil in large sauté pan; reserve.
6. Working in batches, drop 6 to 8 tortellini in water; cook for 5 to 7 minutes until al dente; remove with slotted spoon; transfer to reserved chili oil; toss; serve immediately with crumbled prosciutto bits.