Yeah, that pico de gallo post was a lead-in to my shrimp taco post.
As stated before, His Lordship loves a taco. On any given day, you may find him on his daily jaunt or bike ride through Central Park talking (or singing) about tacos. As ridiculous as that may sound, it is a fact.
So, without further ado, I bring you a shrimp taco recipe that is enjoyed at least every other week in the Lewis-Baker household.
Yes, every other week. All work and no tacos makes Lord Baker a dull boy.
4 corn tortillas
1/2 lb. medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 cup good Tequila blanca
1 lime, halved
1 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo, minced
1 cup fresh pico de gallo
1 handful of cilantro leaves
1 ripe avocado, diced
romaine lettuce leaves, sliced
micro greens, for garnish
extra-virgin olive oil
salt & pepper
1. Combine shrimp and Tequila and juice of halved lime in large bowl; cover; marinate 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 200˚F; warm corn tortillas 5 minutes; reserve.
3. Combine sour cream and chipotles in a bowl; reserve.
4. Heat 2-3 Tbsps. oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp; season with salt and pepper; sauté until pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes; reserve.
5. Assemble tacos: place 1 Tbsp. sour cream mix on bottom of corn tortilla; top with shrimp, lettuce, pico de gallo, avocado, micro greens, and cilantro leaves, if desired.