So. Last week brought something unexpected.
And so did this week.
That’s right, the unthinkable happened.
My parents joined Facebook.
In their defense, it’s to see the beautiful photos that ES took of the unexpected occurrence last week, so I suspect they won’t be getting sucked into the dreaded Facebook time warp.
In any event, happy long running this weekend, folks!
Oh, and happy birthday to (my fiancé!) His Lordship!
Risotto with Snap Peas
1 ½ cups arborio rice
½ large yellow onion, diced
6 cups chicken stock
⅓ cup white wine
¾ cup Parmesan, grated
4 cups baby spinach, washed and dried
2 cups snap peas, washed, dried, and cut into julienne
Salt & pepper
Goat cheese, crumbled
1. In small pot, heat chicken stock over low flame.
2. In medium saucepan, sweat onion 10-15 minutes until soft and slightly golden in color. Season with salt. Stir in rice and toss to combine.
3. Deglaze pan with white wine, bringing up brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Reduce wine to a Tablespoon of liquid.
4. Starting with one cup at a time, add chicken stock and cook over medium-low heat. Continue to add cup by cup until rice is tender and al dente, about 20-30 minutes. Stir in Parmesan; season with salt and pepper.
5. Meanwhile, prepare veg: Heat olive oil in large saute pan over medium heat. Add snap peas, saute for 6-7 minutes until golden. Add garlic and saute a few minutes more. Add spinach and saute until spinach has wilted down, 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; reserve.
6. To serve, scoop risotto in bowl; top with snap pea/spinach mix and crumbled goat cheese.