I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking that it is Thursday. And that normally you see pasta posts on Friday. For my Friday nights consist of carb loading for Saturday morning’s long run, DVR watching and the occasional beer/red wine imbibery.
Man, when it’s in writing, I sound pretty boring. I promise I’m not. This weekend is filled with glorious funtivities like a gigantor birthday bash because it seems like all of my friends were born in February. See? Not boring.
So that means I’m not running 15 miles on Saturday morning. Instead I plan on being slightly (only slightly) hungover and doing fun things like.. not running 15 miles.
That said, behold! A pasta recipe that would normally be made on Friday night. But that is not the case, for I will be out and most likely consuming wings and/or something covered in melty cheese.
Pasta with Mushrooms/Thyme/Pine Nuts
1 lb. short cut pasta (such as rotini or gemelli)
1 lb. assorted mushrooms, thinly sliced
cremini, shiitake, oyster will do
1 large shallot, finely diced
1 tbsp fresh thyme, stripped of stems, and diced
⅓ cup toasted pine nuts
1 cup Parmigianno-Reggiano, grated
Salt & Pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat shallot over low heat and sweat for five minutes. Add mushrooms, seasoning with salt and pepper. Cook until golden in color, about 8-10 minutes.
3. Cook pasta according to directions. Drain, saving pasta water.
4. Add thyme and pine nuts to mushroom mixture, stirring to combine.
5. Add pasta, toss with grated Parmigiano. If sauce is too dry, add a ladle of pasta water.
6. Ta da! Eat it.